- On sale!
Tele® "Classic" set (neck + bridge)
Classic Tele® sound, twang in the bridge and warm in the neck pickup. You can choose the finish of the cover. 42 awg plain enamel and alnico 5 for the bridge; 43 awg heavy formvar and alnico 2 for the neck. 6,8 Kohm (bridge) and 6.0 Kohm (neck) output.
Product customizationDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
These pickups have single coil format and are made with the same materials and features that are most associated to the Telecaster sound. The pickups are potted in the right mix of beeswax-paraffin, which prevents the microphonics problems without reducing richness of sound. The coils are made from "forbon" and have clothing-wire like the originals. They are wound by hand with 43 AWG Heavy Formvar (richer in harmonics) wire (neck pickups) and vintage toffe color plain enamel 42 AWG (bridge pickup). Magnets are alnico 2 (neck pickup) and alnico 5 (bridge pickup), charged by hand as they did in the old 50´s. The bridge pickup has a steel base plate finished in copper, which gives it the classic twang sound. The neck pickup has a cover made of nickel-silver, which prevents the lost of the high frequencies, as happens in cases where the cover is made of brass. With these pickups you will obtain a very articulated and warm sound in the neck and a twangy-rocker sound by the bridge pickup. The neck pickup is RW/RP to get the "hum-cancelling" in the middle position.
- Hand Wound by Jess Loureiro.
- Wax-potted in paraffin/beeswax mix.
- Vintage cloth lead wires.
- Black vulcanized fiber (bobbins).
- "Calibrated" alnico 5 (bridge) and 2 (neck) magnets.
- 42 awg "Plain enamel" (bridge); 43 awg " Heavy Formvar" (neck) copper wire.
- Output: 6,8 Kohm (bridge); 6.0 (neck). If you prefer another, just fill the "Product customization" text box.
- Neck pickup RW/RP (hum-cancelling in the middle position).
- Neck cover made of nickel silver.
- Magnets staggering of the bridge pickup (impotant for the string volume compensation): vintage (same height D and G magnets), modern (G magnet lower than D), flat (all magnets same height), reverse vintage (lefty vintage), modern vintage (lefty modern).
- Finish of the neck cover: raw, nickel, chrome or gold.
Including screws and tubing to mount.
If you have any doubts just email me email@example.com
13 other products in the same category:
Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram anteposuerit litterarum formas.
Early Tele® sound, very rich in harmonics but with enouhgh "punch". This set will give to your Tele® a vintage 50's flavour, with thick bass and crystalline highs. 8,5 Kohm for the bridge an 7,0 Kohm for the neck. Alnico 3 and 43 awg heavy formvar in both pickups.
Tele® dual-rail pickup for bridge position, with customized specifications.
Filtertron pickup in humbucker size for neck position.
Filtertron pickup in humbucker size for bridge position.